All Games Contain the Idea of Death

All Games contain the Idea of Death


        Everyone loves playing games no matter what age group they are in, playing games has always proved to be way more entertaining than Netflix and Chill and other such programmes. A Gamer is basically a person who plays video games or participates in role playing games, but come on who cares about the bookish definition. One can play different games from various categories, right from Arcade, Adventure to Simulation, First Person Shooter and Parkour etc. Almost a decade ago, we played video games in Arcade Shops and then The Computer emerged with its intensely great graphics and seemingly fast technologies which improved the Gaming Environment. It took a while since the development of Computer and the First Computer Game and the greed for more and good arose as usual which paved the way for game development.

        As kid spent my quality time playing video games. I spent nearly 4-5 hours each day without fail just playing video games, that equals to 120 hours a month. Counter Strike was my best buddy, as soon as I woke up I used to turn on the PC and enter the world of Counter Strike. GTA San Andreas releasing in 2004 was a huge turning point in my life, my changed regarding old school video games. There were other good games too, but this was like Love.


"All games contain the idea of death"


        One day I read this quote which this left me in great thought. As games were meant for entertaining purposes, how can those contain the harsh idea of death?? It left me sleepless. I discussed with my family, friends about it but came to no conclusion. Unlike every other morning I was playing GTA:SA I got wasted and was transported to the hospital in Los Santos where I respawned. Suddenly it struck my mind how the idea of death was imbibed in SA. Again I was starstruck, then I played a tonne of other games to test the death ideology or I can say Respawn Functionality. NFS, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry and many more - they just had this functionality.

wasted

        These games have the respawn functionality to teach that if you made a mistake and even died- dont worry we'll help you start over. Here death or being wasted corresponds to Failure in Life and after you respawn don't make the same mistake again. Unlike games you cannot respawn, so learn from your own mistake. If you are young learn from the mistake other people have made in their so you do not have to start from the same step, you do not have to start from the scratch, even if you do you'll have the most powerful tool - "Experience" which matters a lot.

        Let's not dive deep into philosophy and just keep on playing games and living our lives to the fullest.

"Gamers don't die, they respawn"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assassin's Creed